Munster Junior Cup Final; Tralee Dynamos 0-3 Carrick United

Munster Junior Cup Final

Sunday 17th May 2015

Tralee Dynamos 0-3 Carrick United (Waterford)

Report and Picture by Tommy Naughton

Match Highlights HERE by .

Sadly for Kerry soccer Tralee Dynamos were unable to take the final step and be the first Kerry team to claim the Munster Junior Cup. On the day everything that could go wrong seemed to go wrong for Tralee Dynamos as they produce a very flat performance against a Carrick United side who were a yard ahead of the all over the pitch.

Within 90 seconds of the start Dynamos were forced into a change when Theo Diggins had to replace the inured Derek o Brien and this resulted in the Dynamos changing their set up with Maurice o Rahilly moving to left back and Jonathan Hannafin moving to left midfield. The first real chance of the game came from a Jonathan Hannafin free kick on the right wing which was flick on by Anthony Murphy into the head of Gintarus Paketarus and bounced wide of the near post. Anthony Power set up John Murphy after ten minutes but his long range effort was off target. A minute later and Power cut in from the left wing before flashing a driving ball across the face of the goal which somehow missed everyone ruching in to the six yard box. A series of late tackles midway through the first half saw Carrick’s Richie Lawrence and Tralee Dynamos Maurice o Rahilly and Anthony Murphy all receive yellow cards. The deadlock was broken on the half hour mark after some poor play from Tralee Dynamos. A miss hit goal kick by Josh o Reilly was missed by centre back Shane Guthrie as he attempted to flick it up field. Richie Lawrence knocked the ball in behind the defence into the path of Anthony Fitzpatrick who squared the ball to Jamie Waters. Waters lifted the ball with his first touch over the advancing keeper and into the net.

Dynamos tried to reply quick and a good passing move between Anthony Murphy and Gintarus Paketarus sent Danny Roche in but Adrian Walshe was out quickly to gather the ball which would be the only telling action the keeper was to half in the game. As the half time whistle approached Dynamos were struggling with injuries to Jonathan Burrows and Anthony Murphy and in the third minute of added time it got worse when Carrick struck for their second. A corner from the right side was swung in by Anthony Power to the unmarked Anthony o Donnell who headed home from close range.

Tralee Dynamos came out in the second half and change their formation to 352 as they went in search of a goal to get them back into the game. This change of formation didn’t last long as within 10 minutes of the restart Maurice o Rahilly picked up his second yellow card of the game and they were down to ten men. Carrick were now bossing the game and the possession and had chances going close but wide from Anthony Power and John Murphy midway through the half. Josh o Reilly in the Tralee Dynamos goal had to produce a terrific save to deny John Murphy in the 70th minute. Anthony Power was again causing trouble for Dynamos on the left wing and fired wide on two more occasions as the half rolled into the dying stages. The final nail in the Tralee Dynamos coffin came in the 93rd minute when Man of the match Anthony Power picked out Glen Kevane after another great run and Kevane side footed the ball home from close range .

Tralee Dynamos will be disappointed with their own performance on the day as they know they a capable of so much more . They have dome themselves and Kerry soccer proud in reaching the final and will now refocus for the Denny Premier A league final in the coming weeks.

Tralee Dynamos; Josh o Reilly, Maurice o Rahilly, Jonathan Burrows, Shane Guthrie, Jonathan Hannafin, Jamie McIntyre, James Sugrue, Derek O’Brien, Danny Roche, Gintarus Paketarus, Anthony Murphy. Subs , Theo Diggins for O’Brien 2 mins, John Farragher for Murphy 57 mins, Cian Kennedy for Sugrue 66 mins.

Tralee Dynamos Fc

Carrick United ; Adrian Walsh, Dale o’Mahony, John Walsh, Anthony O Donnell, Anthony Fitzpatrick, Richie Lawrence, John Murphy, Ian Clery, Anthony Power, Jamie Waters, Thomas Ryan. Subs, James Walsh for Fitzpatrick 45 mins, Glen Kevane for Waters 68 mins, Keith Walsh for Lawrence 75 mins.

Officials ; Desmond League

Referee; Donnie o Gorman

Assistants; Tony Fitzmaurice, Pat o Connor

Fourth Official; Gerard o Connor .

Match officials and Captains