Denny Youth League Final Replay ; Fenit Samphires 3-1 Killarney Celtic

Fenit Samphires , Denny Youth League Champions 2015/16
Fenit Samphires , Denny Youth League Champions 2015/16

Denny Youth League Final Replay
Thursday 7th July 2016
Fenit Samphires 3-1 Killarney Celtic

Report and Pictures by Tommy Naughton. Images Copyright to KDL ,No usage without permission by any other website, Facebook or Twitter Pages .

Fenit Samphires were crowned Denny Youth League Champions on Thursday night when they came from behind to score three goals in the final ten minutes.

After a cracking first game between these two sides they yet again produced an outstanding game for the large crowd of spectators. The early stages saw both sides throwing caution to the wind and go all out on the attack but for Fenit Samphires Keeper Brian O’Regan and Killarney Celtic Keeper Trevor O’Shea in outstanding form.
Both sides went close early on with Thomas Lenihan, Sean Higgins and Tommy Lynch going close for Fenit while Stephen McCarthy and Oran O’Donoghue went closest for Killarney Celtic .
The deadlock was finally broken in the 28th minute when Conor McCarthy fired an unstoppable free kick into the top corner to give Killarney Celtic the lead. Just like in the first game Fenit response to going behind was excellent and Oisin O’Brien nearly had them level only to just miss the target at the back post after great work from Luke Moynihan.
Just before the half time break Killarney Celtic should have doubled their lead but Michael Devlins close range effort was cleared of the line by Tommy Lynch before Brian O’Regan denied Stephen McCarthy with an outstanding save .

The second half continued just like the first with both sides holding nothing back. Oran O’Donoghue and Cathal O’Shea both again went closest to adding to Killarney Celtic’s lead while Fenit should have been level when Conor Lowe missed the target when put through on goal by Thomas Lenihan. With only twelve minutes remain the game turned on its head when Fenit Samphires were awarded a free kick on the left wing by the side of the eighteen yard box. Thomas Lenihan stepped up and curled the ball into the far top corner giving the Celtic keeper no chance.
Two minutes later Fenit were awarded a free kick mid way in the Celtic half which Bobby O’Regan floated in and in a crowded goal mouth it look as if Sean Collins got the slightest of touches to beat the keeper and give Fenit the lead for the first time in the two games.

Killarney Celtic had now no chance but to throw men forward and it took another great double save from Brian O’Regan to deny them before the were hit on the break where Oisin O’Brien was taken down in the penalty area. Bobby O’Regan took on the responsibility and sent the keeper the wrong way to clinch the league title for Fenit Samphires.

Fenit Samphires; Brian O’Regan, Tommy Lynch, Sean Donnellan, Thomas Lenihan, Antoin Stanton, Austin Clifford, Oisin O’Brien, Bobby O’Regan, Sean Higgins, Luke Moynihan, Dara O’Connor. Subs Used , Conor Lowe, Cormac O’Brien Sean Collins.

Killarney Celtic: Trevor O’Shea, Jack Galvin, Michael Devlin, Kasper Macindwski, Mike Moynihan, Mark Harnett, Cathal O’Shea, Oran O’Donoghue, Stephen McCarthy, Cian Casey, Conor McCarthy. Subs Used David Spillane.