Denny Premier A League Final; Tralee Dynamos 6-0 Listowel Celtic

Denny Premier A League Champions , Tralee Dynamos

Denny Premier A League Final
Sunday 21st June 2015
Tralee Dynamos 6-0 Listowel Celtic

Pictures and Report by Tommy Naughton
(Pictures Copyright to KDL & T.Naughton and cannot be used anywhere else without permission)

Tralee Dynamos were crowned Denny Premier A Champions after they easily saw of the challenge of Listowel Celtic on Sunday. This is the sixteenth time that Tralee Dynamos have won the top division of Kerry Soccer. The Kerry soccer public and neutrals turned up to this game thinking it would be a very close and tight game with maybe the odd goal to separated the sides at the end. However it never turned out this way as Tralee Dynamos were the far better side on the day . They never let Listowel Celtic settle on the ball at any stage and when they got the chances to score Dynamos made no mistake.

The first chance of the game came from a Gintarus Paketarus cross to James Sugrue where a last ditch tackle denied James from getting his shot off from just inside the penalty area after just nine minutes. Josh O Reilly in the Tralee Dynamos goal had to be quick of his line to gather a flick on by Listowel Celtic’s Bryan Murphy in the box which he dispatched quickly up the field to Gintarus Paketarus . Paketarus played a one two with James Sugrue before clipping the ball passed the Listowel Defence where Anthony Murphy broke free on to the lose ball and calmly rolled it under the advancing Cathal Keane in the Listowel Celtic goal to give Tralee Dynamos the lead in the 19th minute.

Four minutes later Mike Woods nearly had Listowel Celtic level when he rose highest in the box to meet a Paudie Quinn corner but his powerful header was just wide of the target. Paudie Quinn was again the architect of Listowel’s next chance as he played a trough ball in behind the Dynamos defence to the onrushing Eddie Joe Walsh. Walsh was just inside the penalty area as Josh o Reilly rush out from the goals and smothered the ball bravely at the wingers feet.

Dynamos didn’t just sit on this one goal lead and went close again when Danny Roche saw his effort saved after good work Derek O’Brien on the left wing. The Dynamos defence of Maurice O Rahilly, Jonathan Hannafin, Shane Guthrie and Jonathan Burrows were in total control and were limiting Listowel to very few clear chances in the opening half and when they did get past the defence they found Josh O Reilly out quickly to gather any through balls. Derek O Brien was causing Listowel loads of trouble on the left wing and with twelve minutes to the break he picked out Gintarus Paketarus at the near post where the Listowel Keeper Cathal Keane made a great double save.

The game moved quickly down field where Derek O’Brien who was causing Listowel major trouble crossed to Gintarus Paketarus at the near post where Cathal Keane produced a fantastic double save to deny the striker from extending the Dynamos lead. On the half hour mark Listowel Celtic had another half chance when a good advantage was played by the match referee saw Aidan Quinn set up Paudie Quinn but his first time effort flew over the top. Ten minutes to the break and Dynamos added to their lead some what fortunately when a cross from the right wing by Anthony Murphy found its way into the far top corner.

Listowel Celtic nearly pulled a goal back in the final minute of normal tine of the first half . A free kick by Paudie Quinn on the right wing broke kindly for Bryan Murphy inside the six yard box but his volley was somehow saved by Josh O’Reilly. The drama of the first half wasn’t over yet as in the final minute of injury time Shane Guthrie rose highest to meet a Derek o Brien free kick, Guthrie’s header was deflected goal wards of Kevin McCarthy but somehow it was saved again by the Listowel Keeper Cathal Keane who had to go full stretch to keep it out.

The second half started with both sides knowing the next goal would decide the game. Tralee Dynamos work rate continued to impress and within minutes of the restart Danny Roche played in Jamie McIntyre one on one with the Listowel Keeper. Cathal Keane came out and stayed big to save and gather the ball and keep Listowel Celtic in the final. However this didn’t last long for Listowel when in the 66th minute a kick out from the Listowel Keeper was headed back over the top by Shane Guthrie to the on rushing John Farragher who made no mistake with just the keeper to beat to put the Dynamos 3-0 up.

Things got worse for Listowel Celtic with twenty minutes remaining when they were reduced to ten men after Substitute Ian Murphy who was on the pitch nine minutes was shown a straight red for an off the ball incident. From here on it was just a matter of Dynamos seeing out the game and how many goals they could score in the final twenty minutes.

With fifteen minutes left and Shane Guthrie was on the score sheet when he headed home a James Sugrue corner. The scoring wasn’t over yet and from a Listowel Celtic corner in the 83rd minute Josh O Reilly got possession and picked out Man of the match Derek O’Brien with a long ball , O’Brien drove at the Listowel defence before squaring to John Farragher where he beat the keeper to score his second. Jonathan Hannafin rounded of the scoring in the 85th minute with a brilliantly taken individual goal. The final whistle went minutes later to the delight of the Dynamos supporters, players and management

Tralee Dynamos Captain James Sugrue was presented with the cup by KDL Chairman Sean O’Keefe who complimented both teams on a great entertaining game.

KDL Vice Chairman Don O Donogue, KDL Chairman Sean O'Keefe, Tralee Dynamos Captain James Sugrue & Denis Guerin

Tralee Dynamos; Josh O’Reilly, Maurice O’Rahilly, Shane Guthrie, Jonathan Burrows, Johnathan Hannafin, Danny Roche, Derek O’Brien, James Sugrue, Jamie McIntyre , Anthony Murphy, Gintarus Paketarus . Subs , Cian Kennedy for McIntyre 77 mins , Des Benson for Paketarus 83 mins, John Farragher for Murphy 45 mins .

Tralee Dyanmos AFC

Listowel Celtic; Cathal Keane, Martin Loughnane, Seamus Keane, Micheal Lynch, Kevin McCarthy, Aiden Quinn, Paudie Quinn, Kevin Bambury, Eddie Joe Walsh, Bryan Murphy, Mike Woods. Subs; Ian Murphy for Walsh 61 mins, Eoin O’Mahony for Woods 69 mins, Adam Toomey for Loughnane 80 mins.

Listowel Celtic AFC

Referee, Stuart Templeman
Assistants, Thomas Sheehy and Anthony Morrison .

Match Officials & Captains