Denny KDL Round Up, Weekending Sunday 26th November 2017

Weekly Round Up Sunday 26th November 2017
By Tommy Naughton .



Oscar Traynor Trophy


Sunday 26th November 2017



Kerry DL






Limerick DL





Kerry advance to the knock out stages of the Oscar Traynor trophy after they defeated Limerick on Sunday in a penalty shootout at Mounthawk Park . Kerry dominated the opening 45 minutes with Danny Roche having Kerry’s first effort when his half volley flew inches over the crossbar. Kerry took the lead after 15 minutes when Gary Keane took a quick free kick on the half way line to Ryan Downey. Ryan’s low cross from the left wing was stepped over at the near post by Peter McCarthy for the onrushing Danny Roche to score at the back post low past the keeper. Peter McCarthy nearly doubled Kerry’s lead but was denied at the near post by Limerick keeper John Mulready. Limerick’s only real chance in the first half came from a Dermot Fitzgerald free kick that Brian O’Connor was alert to dive low to his left and tip around the post.
The early exchanges of the second half saw Limerick get to grips with the movement of the Kerry team and levelled the game on the hour mark when Shane Clarke scored from close range. This didn’t seem to phase Kerry who had the better of the chances in the remaining minutes. Peter McCarthy saw his well struck free kick just miss the target before John Mulready went full stretch to stop Con Barrett’s long range effort.
In extra time Kerry created the only score able chance when Aidan O’Callaghan saw his header just drift wide from a Ryan Downey cross and with that it would take penalties to decide the winner.
Limericks Shane Clarke went first and Brian O’Connor went the right way to save the opening penalty kick. Kerry’s first penalty was taken by Peter McCarthy who made no mistake to put Kerry 1-0 up. Brian O’Connor then made it two saves in a row when he denied Steve McGann but Ryan Downey saw his low struck penalty go wide of the target to leave it 1-0 to Kerry after two penalties each. Tomas Clarke scored Limericks third penalty which was followed by Cathal O’Shea scoring for Kerry to leave it 2-1 to Kerry. Dermot Fitzgerald levelled it at 2-2 but Con Barrett scored his spot kick to restore Kerry’s lead . Darragh Rainsford scored Limericks fifth penalty to make it 3-3 with just one penalty left for Kerry. Up stepped Jason Hickson who must have taught he was part of the Proclaimers as he nearly walked 500 miles to start his run up before seeing John Mulready guess correctly to save and sent it to sudden death.
Shane Walsh went next for Limerick and once again Brian O’Connor made a fantastic save . Matt Keane stepped up for Kerry and made no mistake to send Kerry into the knock out stages while Limerick must now travel to West Cork in Round 2.
Team; Brian O’Connor (Killarney Athletic), Jason Hickson (Dingle Bay Rovers), Aidan O’Callaghan (Castleisland Afc), Sean Foley (Fenit Samphires), Ryan Downey (Fenit Samphires), Danny Roche (Killarney Celtic), Gary Keane (Killarney Celtic), James Sugrue (Tralee Celtic), Wayne Sparling (Killarney Celtic), Sean Cournane (Killarney Athletic), Peter McCarthy (Killarney Celtic). Subs, Matt Keane (Killarney Celtic) for Gary Keane , Cathal O’Shea (Killarney Celtic) for Sean Cournane, Con Barrett (Dingle Bay Rovers) for James Sugrue, Lorcan Seymour (Mitchels Avenue) for Danny Roche , Ashley Kelliher (Listowel Celtic) for Wayne Sparling) . Manager David Hennessey , Assistant John Hegarty .
Click here to see Full Draw Update .


Denny Premier B


Sunday 26th November 2017

CSKA Tralee  2-2  Camp United

Camp United moved into second place in the division with a draw away against CSKA Tralee on Sunday evening with CSKA remaining in eight place after this result. James Scanlon and Gearoid O’Shea were the Camp United goal scorers.


Denny Divison 1A


Sunday 26th November 2017

QPR  1-1  Inter Kenmare B

QPR remain top of the division with a home draw against Inter Kenmare B on Sunday morning who remain in seventh place. Cian Jenkins scored for QPR with Tadhg Sugrue scoring for Inter Kenmare B.

Atletico Ardfert  4-1  Ballyhar Dynamos

Atletico Ardfert made it back to back wins and moved up to fourth place in the division thanks to a win over Ballyhar Dynamos on Sunday . Ballyhar had taken the lead through Rafa Syc but two goals from Daithi Griffin , one from Trevor Wallace and an og saw Ardfert take all three points.

Ballyheigue Athletic  4-1  Skeliga Fc

Ballyheigue Athletic proved to strong for Skeliga FC on Sunday and moved up to second place in the division with Paudie Carroll scoring a first half hat trick in a ten minute period while Kieran O’Connor also got on the score sheet .


Denny Division 1B


Sunday 26th November 2017

Annascaul Inch Utd  0-1  Asdee Rovers

Asdee Rovers moved up to third place in Denny Division 1B with a narrow win against pointless Annascaul Inch United. The only goal of the game came from Joe Lynch from the penalty spot.

Killarney Athletic B  1-1  Castlegregory Celtic

Sixth placed Killarney Athletic and second placed Castlegregory Celtic couldn’t be separated on Sunday in Woodlawn. Dave Long had given Killarney Athletic the lead but a goal in the dying minutes from Brandon Hoare secured a point for Castlegregory Celtic.

St Brendans Park  2-2  Castlemaine United

League leaders St Brendans Park had to come from behind to pick up a point against seventh placed Castlemaine United on Sunday at Christy Leahy Park. Wayne Coffey and Padraig O’Sullivan were the scorers for Castlemaine United.


Denny Division 2B


Sunday 26th November 2017

Ballyheigue Athletic B  4-3  CS Clochain Breanainn

Ballyheigue Athletic B team moved into joint fourth place after the got the better of second placed CS Clochain Breanainn on Sunday in a seven goal thriller. Timothy Moriarty scored twice for CS Clochain Breanainn with Niall Murphy getting one. Nathan Guerin, Rob James, Brendan Moynihan and Jack Curtin all scored a goal each for Ballyheigue Athletic but a penalty save from Ballyheigue keeper Conor McCrohan was the difference between the sides in the end.

Mainebank Fc  4-0  Sneem Santos

Mainebank Fc are up to third place after they defeated Sneem Santos on Sunday with a goal each from Brendan Delaney, Cian Flynn, Conor Dowd and Shane Prendiville .


FAI Youth Cup 2nd Round


Friday 24th November 2017

Killarney Celtic 1-2  St Brendans Park Fc

St Brendans Park came from behind to advance to the third round of the FAI Youth Cup after they defeated Killarney Celtic on Friday night. Adam Ward levelled the game for the Park in the first half before a second half winner from Conor O’Brien sets up an all Kerry third round encounter between Listowel Celtic and St Brendans Park.


Denny Youth League


Saturday 25th November 2017

Ballyhar Dynamos 2-2  Mastergeeha Fc

Ballyhar Dynamos and Mastergeeha couldn’t be separated on Saturday in Kilbrean Park and both side are now joint second in the Denny Youths league south section. Harry Doody and Martin Foley scored for Ballyhar Dynamos while Dylan Murphy and James Lynch scored for Mastergeeha Fc.


Denny U17 League


Saturday 25th November 2017

Rattoo Rovers 11-0  Asdee Rovers

Rattoo Rovers made it two wins from two with a big win against Asdee Rovers on Saturday. Cian McGrath scored a hat trick for Rattoo Rovers with Barry O’Neill and James Donegan getting two goals each while Padraig Walsh, Liam Dowling, JP O’Carroll and Diarmuid O’Mahony all got a goal each.

Listowel Celtic 0-5  Ballyheigue Athletic

Ballyheigue Athletic extend their lead at the top of the division with a win away against Listowel Celtic at Pat Kennedy Park. Sean Sheehan scored a hat trick for Ballyheigue Athletic with Nathan O’Driscoll and Darren Stack both getting a goal each.

Comments are closed.